We who are employed by the Governments of the United States or Canada, or by the political subdivisions thereof or therein, or by any other business enterprise therein, do pledge ourselves to improve the general welfare of all employees, their families, and their dependents, and as almost every improvement in the condition of working people has been accomplished by the efforts of organized labor, and in the interest of a higher standard of citizenship, do ordain and establish these By-Laws and Constitution of the National Association of Government Employees.
Download a copy of the NAGE National Constitution & Bylaws adopted at the 2018 National Convention, September 11-13, 2018.
At the 2018 National Convention, two resolutions were voted on and adoped by the NAGE National Executive Board. Both resolutions can be found below.
Resolution: Option to resign seats on SEIU's Executive Board
Resolution: Establishment of the National Diversity Advisory Committee
We are the National Association of Government Employees (NAGE), an organization of members united by the belief in the dignity and worth of workers and the services they provide and dedicated to improving the lives of workers and their families and creating a more just and humane society.
We are public workers (federal, state, county, and municipal), police officers, firefighters, correctional officers, health care workers (nurses, paramedics, and emergency medical technicians), office workers,professional workers, and allied workers. We seek a stronger union to build power for ourselves and to protect the people we serve.
Women and men of every race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, physical ability and sexual orientation, we are the standard-bearers in the struggle for social and economic justice begun nearly half a century ago by shipyard workers who dared to dream beyond their daily hardships and to organize for economic security, dignity and respect.
Our vision is of a society:
- Where all workers and their families live and work in dignity.
- Where work is fulfilling and fairly rewarded.&
- Where workers have a meaningful voice in decisions that affect them.
- Where workers have the opportunity to develop their talents and skills.
- Where the collective voice and power of workers are realized in a democratic and progressive union.
- Where union solidarity stands firm against the forces of discrimination and hate and the unfair
- employment practices of exploitative employers.
- Where government plays an active role in improving the lives of working people.